Hi Everyone!
We arrived in Japan safely. It was a long flight but it was nice to have Travis sitting next to me! We flew into Tokyo - Narita airport which is northeast of Tokyo. Then we had to take a bus down to Tokyo - Haneda airport which is an hour from Narita. We got there and had some time so we ate and looked around. When we got to our gate, we found out that we were delayed due to horrible weather around Japan. We finally got on our flight 45 minutes late with a warning that the aircraft may have to return to Tokyo if the weather was too bad. Great. Travis and I both fell asleep before we even took off and woke up when we landed in a very very foggy Hiroshima. Travis doesn't know how they actually landed the plane in those conditions. Our sponsor, Pegboy - his real name Brendan, was there to take us to base. We got to base, got our room, and went to sleep.
The first day here I ran into a few people I know. It's funny to know so many people here! I also ran into one of my very first kindergartners! She was very surpised to see me! Many of the Japanese workers on base (waitresses, cashiers, bartenders, etc.) are the same. One girl recognized me yesterday when I was paying for our lunch. It's really funny. I feel a little like a celebrity!
We found out that we will be getting housing at the end of the week. We are very thankful for that! Some people have to wait months, even a year or two, before they get a place. We will be living in a two story townhouse that is across from my volleyball court. The volleyball court is in dissarray. They put a new net up and it's not as nice, and grass is overtaking the sand. I guess I'll be busy weeding this summer!
That's about all from this end. Things are pretty much the same here, but different if that makes any sense. It's weird to be a Major's wife this time and not just a free spirited teacher!
Until next time.... dewa mata!
No comments:
Post a Comment