Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We had a very relaxing and fun Fourth this year. We slept in and then went to the pool and hung out for awhile. Then we showered and went to Burger King for some burgers. After that, we went to the brand new bowling alley on base. It was the grand opening so we got to bowl three games for free and got free ice cream from the new A&W at the lanes. Awesome! Travis is a pretty good bowler. I guess I need some more practice. I almost beat him the first game, I only lost by a point. After bowling we went out to the sea wall to watch the base fireworks show. It wasn't too bad for base. The Japanese have a big festival coming up with fireworks at the Kintai Bridge. I'm sure that display will be much more impressive.

We are gearing up to move into our townhouse on Monday. I can't wait! We won't have any of our furniture or dishes or anything yet, but at least we will be in a place we can call home. Monday will be a busy day with moving in, delivery of the loaner furniture, taking my driver's test, and running other errands - like buying paper plates and things to eat off of. Not to mention pillows! Luckily I sent our sheets and comforter ahead of time.

You are probably wondering why I am taking the driver's test again. Well, I didn't get to take it last week because they were closed. We did buy our first mini-van today! We won't be able to get it for about a week because they need to do all of the paperwork on it and get it JCI-ed for us. JCI is Japanese Cumpulsory Insurance. You have to have it done every two years. They go through and make sure everything is okay on your car so that it doesn't break down on the road. Did you know that you can get fined for having your car breakdown? Anyway, our van is pretty sweet. It's a 1999 white Toyota Emina - no, not Enima- Emina. Travis said that he was going to rearrange the letters so I would be driving an enima. It's awesome though. It has a navigational system in it and a camera for when you back up. It also has two sunroofs and a spoiler on top. I told Trav that we are going to need some spinners for the wheels. I swear we will have the nicest van on base. We paid a little more than we wanted to, but this van is in pristine condition. It was way nicer than anything we thought that we'd own. We justified it though cause we will be here for three years and Bob really needs to be riding in style. Plus, hopefully will be getting a baby soon and I would like a nice car for baby to travel in. I'll put up pictures as soon as we get it!

We won't have great internet once we get to the house. It will be dial-up. Ughhh...I hate dial-up. We are on the list to get cable modem, so hopefully within a year we will have faster internet again. I'll try to post again before we move.

No comments: