Travis had a harrowing moment this morning. I dropped him off at work and got home when he called me. He had forgotten something and needed me to bring it to him. I told him, "no problem." Then he asked if I had seen any cockroaches around the house. I told him that I had not seen any. He said, "That's because I brought them to work with me!" Apparently, just after he had gotten to work, he felt something by his shirt tag. He went to scratch or something and a giant cockroach walked out of his shirt and up his next. Ewww! I get heebie-geebies just thinking about it! Poor Travis! I now shake out all of my clothing before putting it on. I never had cockroaches in my clothes here before, and I plan on keeping it that way! By the way, these things are huge. I do not step on them because it would be like squishing a small animal. They make Palmetto Bugs (the polite term for cockroach in South Carolina) look like babies. Yuck!!!
Here are more pictures of our house. Hopefully there aren't any cockroaches in these pictures. This is our bedroom. Notice the Flinstonian bed that we are sleeping on. I'm pretty sure that the mattress is not made out of bedrock, but it sure does feel that way sometimes. 
Here is a shot of our bathroom sink. Not much counter space, huh? We are going to have to get creative. We are also learning to take turns spitting in the sink while brushing our teeth. Back in SC it wasn't a problem because we each had our own sink! If you look in the mirror, you will see that I'm waving at you!
No comments:
Post a Comment