Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kobe Day 1

I went to Kobe last week with my friend, Jocelyn. We had a great time. I loved Kobe. It was a smaller city compared to Japanese standards, but still a city with a lot to do and a lot to see. The first afternoon we were there, we went to Chinatown. We walked around and looked at all the restaurants and stores. I also saw Kung Fu Panda. Here we are together:


After we had a delicious lunch there, we went back to our hotel to check in. We had a fabulous view of the bay. Our hotel was awesome. It was so nice. We even had a button on the counsel between the beds to control the curtains. Very James Bondish. Here's the view from our room.


That night, we walked over a block to Harborland. It's an area with lots of shops and restaurants and a small amusement park. We walked through the shopping area and we ran into a Snoopy store! I had to go in and buy a few things for Travis. Then we went to the amusement park and went on the giant ferris wheel. I need to get the pictures from Jocelyn. She got great pics of the Ferris Wheel. We rode in a car that was all plexiglass. A little scary.

After that, we ate dinner at a German restaurant. We looked at eating at some Kobe steak places, but the cost was outrageous. A small steak meal would run you about $70. In case you don't know, Kobe beef is quite famous. It's very, very tender and the cows are massaged and fed a special diet. I'm not sure what else goes into it, but I know that it is delicious. We went back to the hotel with full tummies and went to bed. We had to be ready for the next big day in Kobe!

No comments: